Earth and Solar System Sciences under the common banner of the Geoplanet Doctoral School
Enormous scientific, teaching and infrastructural potential are the pillars of the offer that 7 institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences have prepared for doctoral students whose research interests focus on Earth and space.
The GEOPLANET Doctoral School, officially launched on January 23, 2019, is an interdisciplinary teaching initiative 7 placosciences:
- Astronomical Center im. M.Copernicus PAS;
- Space Research Center of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Center for Theoretical Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of Geophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning of the im. St. Leszczycki of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of Geological Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences.
The bonding factor of the School, is a related, often sharedolna for the institutes that make up the Schoolow research methodology, using the conceptual apparatus of physical and chemical sciences, mathematics and geology. The complementarity of the scientific disciplines represented means that this unique endeavor will cover the essential spectrum of cognitive research on Earth and other planets.
School using wspolne databases and working in interdisciplinary research groups will be a significant novelty in zaroboth nationally and on the international educational market.